"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Sunday 7 April 2013

Anne

Via Comments. Anne's story, in her own words, highlights the human cost of the rules - as well as their effects even on those who are financially secure : 

I don't know if I will ever see Scotland again.  

'I HAVE BEEN HERE in Australia for 45 years. I wanted to spend these later years in my home country which is Scotland. We got a shock when my Aussie husband of 43 years applied for a visa.

It was going to cost at least £600 and there is no guarantee that he would be successful. We have been told that you get knocked back for the least wee thing.

We have the money to buy a house in Scotland and our combined Aussie pensions equate to £300 a week. All this is not good enough. I can't understand why these terrible rules are in place.

Australia is a Commonwealth country and Australians fought with and for Britain in every war. I personally think it is time Australia got out of the Commonwealth as the British Government are treating her people like dirt. They are doing the same to the Kiwis, the Canadians etc.

We would NOT be a burden on the British Taxpayer as we have more than enough to look after ourselves. As I said nothing seems to be good enough for Theresa May, David Cameron etc.

I don't know if I will ever see Scotland again. Thanks for nothing Theresa May. These rules are inhumane. '

No comments:

Post a Comment