"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Saturday 31 May 2014

Campaign : Allow my Thai wife of 22 years, and mother of our 2 British Children, to reside in UK

www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/theresa-may-mp-allow-my-thai-wife-of-22-years-and-mother-of-our-2-british-children-to-reside-in-uk

'I am British, born and bred. I have served in Her Majesty's forces. I work for a British Company and am paid in the UK.

'On the 18th of May 2014 my wife of 22 years was refused a visa to settle in the UK. I have worked in Saudi Arabia since 1989 on the biggest contract the British Government has ever had. I work for BAE System, previously British Aerospace. In 1990 I met my wife to be in Thailand. We married in Sept 1992 and had our first child in September 1993. She moved to Saudi in December 1993. We have lived together ever since. In 2000 we had another child. The oldest child now lives in the UK and is currently in University. Our youngest is in year 9. We decided to return to the UK so that our youngest can start school to study GCSE's in the UK.

'When we submitted the paperwork at the VFS Global office (the agency that I have to use) I asked what paperwork I was required to give as the web site is not very helpful. "It is up to you." I was told.

'One of the reasons given for the refusal was that the British Embassy in Riyadh does not believe we are living together even though they had her passport with the Saudi residence visa in it...'


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wales Online: 'The Home Office said it did not believe Mike and Jieb Bates' relationship was genuine despite them marrying in 1992 and having two children' :
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/former-serviceman-battles-bring-wife-7191495

'Mike, who served in the RAF, applied for the £1,200 visa, which is non-refundable, and said he sent off all the necessary documents, including their marriage certificate.
He said they had always planned to return to the UK and was shocked when his wife’s application was refused last week.

'The decision notice also said that it did not believe the couple intend to live together permanently in the UK.

'This is despite the couple already having a joint mortgage for the house they own in Mr Bates’ home town of Aberbargoed, which they use for up to two months of the year when visiting family and friends.'

No comments:

Post a Comment