"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Sunday 19 May 2013

Wayne and Daisy

Wayne tells his story :

'I met my the woman who is now my wife online in 2010. As soon as I saw her I knew she was my special person. I had to know everything about her.

'She was living and working in Denmark as an au pair. We soon became a couple.

'We put in for two visit visa. Disappointingly, this was turned down. She got a job in Norway - and I asked her to marry me. She said yes!

'She owns land in the Philippines, so we then decide to build a house there. She returned home for a six month while we sorted out the wedding paperwork (no mean feat!).

'We got married, and we lived together for the next six months, during which time she became pregnant. The baby is due the last week of September.

 Our wedding in Mindanao. Can you believe the Foreign Office advises against all but essential travel here!

'I've now come home try to find work in Torbay - which is hard in the current economy. I don't think I will be able to meet the £18,600 income requirement, especially in the area where I live.

'But I own my own - four bedroomed - house outright. How many people can say that! I don't need a lot to live on - unlike someone with a huge rent. And I'm self employed. I contribute to the economy!

Tenerife.


'I am a handyman, window cleaner and builder. I work hard, and so does my wife.

'My wife is college graduate midwife. She finished top of her class. She was also a sergeant major in her local reservists when she was at school. That one made me giggle as she is so small bless. Do I not hear the UK needs midwives? Well at least she can train me how to deliver our baby if we had to somewhere in Europe!

First trip to the Philippines.

'I am thinking of taking up my European free movement rights as that would enable us to live together anywhere in Europe. We both have connections to Denmark, so could life there. But it's unfair to us to have to live away from home for so long, with so much disruption.

'I have a 13 year old daughter already, so it would mean being away from her for even longer. And the rest of my family. So unfair!

Daisy with Wayne's daughter.

'I forgot to say - I love my wife so much. She really is so perfect and well worth all the troubles and hassles life has to chuck at us.


'Fingers crossed for our European rights now!'


 Union Jack sunglasses.




Amsterdam. Enjoying free movement rights!

Update 20/May/2013 :

An update from Wayne :

'I forgot to say that my mum has been fighting cancer. She has had many ops.

'She is constantly in and out of hospital with complications and her wish is to be able to live long enough to be able to welcome Daisy and the baby into the family.

'Fingers crossed that she lives long enough. She has been in hospital last week with yet more blood clots, this time in her lungs.

'Daisy will be so pleased to see people trying to help and that there are so many others like us now.'

Update II 20/May 2013 :

Another update from Wayne :

'Might be little good news a very nice kind lady visiting my road here today has said I can go with daisy and live in her house in the French Countryside, so if this is true then be amazing to find a nice English lady with a home there willing to help us out.

'Now the question is how to go about getting all the paperwork in France now we have a Country that looks like it is going to happen, Well in the Countryside so maybe some farm work but the lady needs some building work so how would or could I work that into me working the min 5.5 hrs a week? so happy I gave the lady a bug hug and nearly cried when she said to me.

1 comment:

  1. Might be little good news a very nice kind lady visiting my road here today has said I can go with daisy and live in her house in the French Countryside, so if this is true then be amazing to find a nice English lady with a home there willing to help us out.

    Now the question is how to go about getting all the paperwork in France now we have a Country that looks like it is going to happen, Well in the Countryside so maybe some farm work but the lady needs some building work so how would or could I work that into me working the min 5.5 hrs a week? so happy I gave the lady a bug hug and nearly cried when she said to me.

    ReplyDelete