"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Sunday 29 September 2013

Love on Skype; Hatred and Hype

You talk of life when you can show our love is strong
You talk of life when you can show them they were wrong
Beneath the sun, across the turquoise sea
You sit in darkened room, your hand stretched out towards me
You hear my voice, you see my face but can’t touch me
While men of power preach hatred, terror, fear
Of godly people, immigrants and queers
You search the net, the world, your heart to make them see
Wonderin’ how the fuck to keep on living without me

I talk of life when I can show our love is strong
I talk of life when I can show them they were wrong
Across the mountains beneath a sky of icy blue
I sit in darkened room, my hand stretched out towards you
I hear your voice, I see your face but can’t touch you
While so-called ‘friends’ preach mistrust, rumours, fear
The crap-filled media fairy tales they hear
I search the net, the world, to change their point of view
Wonderin’ how the fuck to keep on living without you

We live across a border, lines on maps
Bureaucracy;  ‘the fortress’ sets our traps
Shored up by dollars, power wars and hate
Love becomes a checklist they can rate;
Meanwhile they say that love can conquer all
Well maybe that was true ‘til someone made the call
That we must bow before the war on terror
And turn our backs on love; their fatal error.

- Ally Mountain  2013


Thanks to https://twitter.com/donflynnmrn for sharing this with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment